Thursday 12 May 2016

100m Gold medallist boasts of 12 sec at AFN Golden League

Lagos – Grace Ayemoba, a 100m gold medallist on Thursday boasted to run a sub-12.00 sec at the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) Golden League scheduled for May 14 in Abuja.
Ayemoba in Lagos said that she hoped to improve her time of 14.06 sec recorded at the All Comers event held on May 4 in Lagos.
“Although I won the hurdles at the All Comers event but the timing was not what I was expecting. I expect to perform better at the Golden League.
“I see myself running 12.00 sec this year, it is possible, I can achieve it if I put my mind to it,” she said.

 Agnes Osazuwa, Divine Oduduru, Blessing Ibrahim and Adams Samuel among others, who won their respective events in Lagos, also hoped to build on their good start.
Some of the events listed for the Golden League Meet include the men and women’s 100m, 200m, 400m, 4x100m, 1500m, 100m/110m Hurdles and 400m Hurdles.
The field events include the men and women’s Triple Jump, Long Jump, Javelin throw, Shot put.
The first Golden League is scheduled for May 14 in Abuja while the second league is scheduled for May 17, the third is for May 24 while the fourth is in June.
NAN reports that the best athletes from the Golden League will form the team to represent the country at African Championships scheduled

No comments:

Post a Comment